Prof M Subhan Qureshi
Dean, Faculty of Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Sciences, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Agricultural University, Peshwar-25120, Pakistan/ Chief Patron Dairy Science Park, Peshawar/Adjunct Professor, Charles Sturt University, Australia
Tel +92 91 9221028, Mobile +92 300 587 7933 Fax +92 91 9216520 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
After graduating from the University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Lahore during 1982, Prof Qureshi joined the provincial Livestock Department as Veterinary Officer and was involved in semen processing, quality monitoring, farm management, veterinary research and herd health. During 2005, Prof Qureshi joined the University of Agriculture, Peshawar as full professor and served as Dean for two tenures. He has supervised several PhD and M Phil research scholars. He has got a good number of scientific publications in impact factor and HEC recognized journals, several books and chapters, in addition to popular articles on the internet engines, electronic and printed press. He has been working as HEC representative at PVMC and member of several professional bodies. He is also assisting several journals as member editorial boards or reviewer.
Prof Qureshi introduced the concept of Dairy Science Park (DSP) and integrated the business incubation concepts into postgraduate research ongoing at the Faculty, shaping up the University – Industry linkages. A biennial series of international workshops was initiated and it continued during November, 2011, 2013, 2015 ……. with the cooperation of various agencies attended each by 450+ delegates, with 100+ technical papers and exhibition by business companies. The proceedings were published online, in printed form and through impact factor journals and recommendations communicated to relevant authorities. The 1st workshop focused on post-flood revival of dairy industry, the 2nd on meat potential of the region and the 3rd on entrepreneurship development for the outgoing graduates. A road map was prepared for developing the livestock and poultry production setup into a Halal meat export base. The plan is aimed at introducing good practices into livestock SMEs, enabling them to generate maximum income for the producers and hygienic food for the consumers. Feasible models are being developed for entrepreneurship development for the outgoing graduates. DSP has got support of the provincial Agriculture Minister, Special Assistants to Chief Minister KP on Law and Livestock. The United States Department of State’s Biosecurity Engagement Program has been supporting DSP under a Biorisk Management Collaboration.
The Senior Minister KP, Mr Inayatullah Khan has agreed on establishment of DSP Board, comprising a Quality Control Laboratory Complex, a Business Incubation Center and a Halal Research Center and an Endowment Fund. The Higher Education Commission has accepted the Park as a Center of Excellence. The Park has been registered as A Society with the Government of KP, Pakistan and accepted by the United Nations as #UNSDGAction9671, for self employment for the youth and hygienic food production for the people of KP and FATA.
Scopus ID: 7202876145; Thompson ISI, My Researcher ID: C-7212-2008; ORCID ID: 0000-0002-1355-5924; h-index 5; citation: 80 (April 27, 2016)
- Impact Factor Journals
- Qureshi MS, 1995. Conventional Buffalo Farming System in NWFP Pakistan. Buffalo Bulletin, 14 (2): 38-41.
- Qureshi MS, F Malik and M Amjad and SA Khan, 1997. Incidence and chemotherapy of gastrointestinal nematodes in dairy buffaloes in the north-western valley of Pakistan. Buffalo Bulletin, 16 (3): 56-59.
- Qureshi M.S, H.A. Samad, G. Habib., R.H. Usmani, M.M. Siddiqui, 1999. Study on factors leading to seasonality of reproduction in dairy buffaloes. I. Nutritional factors. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci, 12 (7): 1019-1024.
- Qureshi M.S.; G. Habib., H.A. Samad, A. Lodhi, R.H. Usmani, 1999. Study on factors leading to seasonality of reproduction in dairy buffaloes. II.Non-nutritional factors. Asian Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 12 (7): 1025-1030.
- Qureshi MS, G Habib, G Nawab, MM Siddiwqui, N Ahmad and HA Samad, 2015. Milk Progesterone Profiles in Various Reproductive States in Dairy Buffaloes under Field Conditions. Natl. Sci. Counc. ROC(B) Vol. 24, No. 2, 2000. pp. 70-75.
- Qureshi M.S., G. Habib, H.A. Samad, M.M. Siddiqui, N.Ahmad, M. Syed, 2002. Reproduction-nutrition relationship in dairy buffaloes. I. Effect of intake of protein, energy and blood metabolites levels. Asian-Aust. J Anim Sci, 15(3): 330-339.
- Chand N., F.R.Durrani, M.S.Qureshi, Z.Durrani, 2007. Role of Berberis lycium In Reducing Serum Cholesterol In Broilers. Asian Aust J. Anim. Sci. 20 (4): 563-568.
- Qureshi M.S., S. Khan and N. Ahmad, 2007. Pregnancy depresses milk yield in dairy buffaloes. J. Anim. Sci., 6 (Suppl. 2): 1290-1293.
- Qureshi M.S., N.Ahmad, 2008. Interaction among calf suckling, use of oxytocin, milk production and reproduction in dairy buffaloes. Animal Reproduction Science, 106: 380-392. doi:1016/j.anireprosci.2007.05.019.
- Khan S, MS Qureshi, N Ahmad, M Amjed, FR Durrani, M Younas, 2008. Effect of Pregnancy on Lactation Milk Value in Dairy Buffaloes. Asian Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 21(4): 523-531.
- Khan S, MS Qureshi, N Ahmad, M Amjed, M Younas, 2009. Feed Supplementation Prevents Decline in Milk Progesterone Levels associated with Post-conception Production Stress in Dairy Buffaloes. Tropical Animal Health and Production, 41: 1133-1142.
- Khan S, MS Qureshi, G. Habib, A Mushtaq, Ihsanullah, S Ahmad, SM Sohail and SS Afridee, 2009. Effect of pregnancy on lactation performance in dairy buffaloes. Pak J Zool., Sup. No.9. 55-60.
- Sohail, S.M., M.S. Qureshi, S Khan, G Habib, 2009. Relationship among various production and reproduction Contributors of Breeding Efficiency in Dairy Buffaloes of Pakistan. Pak J Zool., Sup. No.9, 297-301.
- Qureshi, M.S., 2009. Nutritional and Management Support to Reproduction in Dairy Buffaloes. Pak J Zool, Sup. 9: 895-909.
- Khan, S., MS Qureshi, SM Shah, SM Sohail, Ihsanullah, A. Rahman, 2009. Effect of pregnancy on milk yield and composition in buffaloes. Pak J Zool, Sup.9-II: 669-673. Cited 1
- Qureshi MS, A Mushtaq, S Khan, G Habib, ZA Swati, 2010. Variation in milk fatty acids composition with body condition in dairy buffaloes (Bubalus bubalis). Asian Aust J Anim Sci, 23: 340-345. Cited 1
- Ullah I, A Iqbal, I Ali, I Munir, E Ali, SJ Shah, N Ullah, SAK Bangash, ZA Swati and MS Qureshi, 2011. Role of dietary supplementation in the protein content of bovine milk. African J Biotech, 10 (18), 3624-3627.
- Chand N, FR Durrani, MS Qureshi, D Muhammad, Z Rehman, 2011. Protective effects of milk thistle (Silybum marianum) against aflatoxin B1 in broiler chicks. Asian Aust J Anim Sci. 24: 7 : 1011 – 1018. doi: 10.5713/ajas.2011.10418.
- Khan S, MS Qureshi, Ahmad, SM Shah, 2011. Milk Composition and Yield Changes with the Advancing Pregnancy in Dairy Buffaloes (Bubalus bubalis). Turkish J Vet Anim Sci, 2011; 35(6): 375-380. doi:10.3906/vet-0811-15.
- Hussain T, M Arshad, I Jan S Khan, H Sattar, MS Qureshi, 2011. In Vitro Screening Of Ten Pakistani Plants For Their Antibacterial Activity. Pakistan Journal of Botany, 43 (1): 531-538.
- Lutfullah G, T Akhtar, I Ahmad, MMAK Khattak, FR Durrani and MS Qureshi, 2011. Effects of Probiotic on the Intestinal Morphology with Special Reference to the Growth of Broilers. J Chem Soc Pak, 33 (1), 129-133.
- Khan S, MS Qureshi, M Younas, Rafiullah and M Inam, 2012. Modelling And Management Of Post-Conception Decline In Milk Yield Of Dairy Buffaloes. J Anim Plant Sci, 22 (2 Suppl.): 5-11.
- Aftab M, A Rahman, MS Qureshi, S Akhter, U. Sadique, A Sajid1 and S. Zaman, 2012. Level Of Salmonella In Beef Of Slaughtered Cattle At Peshawar. J Anim Plant Sci, 22 (2 Suppl.): 24-27.
- Sajid A, Z I Chaudhary, U Sadique, A Maqbol, MA Anjum, MS Qureshi, ZU Hassan, M Idress, M Shahid, 2012. Prevalence Of Goatpox Disease In Punjab Province Of Pakistan. J Anim Plant Sci, 22(2Suppl.): 28-3.
- Qureshi MS, 2012. Stress Impedes Reproductive Physiology Of Dairy Animals Under Subtropical Conditions. J Anim Plant Sci, 22 (2 Suppl.): 75-78.
- Qureshi SS, M Jamal, MS Qureshi, M Rauf, BH Syed, M Zulfiqar and N Chand, 2012. A Review Of Halal Food With Special Reference To Meat And Its Trade Potential. J Anim Plant Sci, 22 (2 Suppl.): 79-83.
- Sadique U, ZI Chaudhry1, MY Rana and AA Anjum, MS, M Idrees ZU Hassan, M Mushtaq, A Sajid, 2012. Clinico-pathological study of Contagious Caprine pleuropneumonia CCPP) in Small Ruminants. J Anim Plant Sci, 22 (2 Suppl.): 2012, Page: 45-50.
- Khan S, N Ishikawa, T Hattori, A Tajima, MS Qureshi, 2012. Effect Of Pregnancy On Body Hair Growth In Dairy Cattle. J Anim Plant Sci, 22 (2 Suppl.): 2012, Page: 87-91.
- Usman T, G Guo, SM Suhail, S Ahmed, L Qiaoxiang, MS Qureshi, Y Wang, 2012. Performance Traits Study Of Holstein Friesian Cattle Under Subtropical Conditions. J Anim Plant Sci, 22 (2 Suppl.): 92-95.
- Khan R, MS Qureshi, A Mushtaq, Ghufranullah, A Naveed, 2012. Effect Of Quality And Frequecy Of Drinking Water On Productivity And Fertility Of Dairy Buffaloes. J Anim Plant Sci, 22 (2 Suppl.): 96-101.
- Qureshi MS, S Jan, A Mushtaq, I Rahman, M Jan, Ikramullah, 2012. Effect of age on milk fatty acids in dairy buffaloes. J Anim Plant Sci, 22 (2 Suppl.): 108-112.
- Rehman ZU, MU Samo, TA Qureshi, S Khan, MS Qureshi, FA Khan, S Bahadadr, 2012. Studies On The Freezability Of Kundhi Buffalo Bull Semen. J Anim Plant Sci , 22 (2 Suppl.): 18-23.
- Khan RU, S Naz, Z Nikousefat, V Tufarelli, M Javdani, MS Qureshi, V Laudadio, 2012. Potential applications of ginger (Zingiber officinale) in poultry diets. World’s Poultry Sci J, 68, 245-252. doi: 10.1017/S004393391200030X.
- Tanweer AJ, N Chand, S Khan, MS Qureshi, A Akhtar, M Niamatullah, 2012. Impact Of Methanolic Extract Of Peganum Harmala On The Weight Gain, Feed Conversion Ratio, Feed Cost And Gross Return Of Broiler Chicks. J Anim Plant Sci, 22 (2): 264-267.
- Mushtaq A, MS Qureshi, S Khan, G Habib, ZA Swati, SU Rahman, 2012. Body condition score as a marker of milk yield and composition in dairy animals. J Anim Plant Sci, 22 (Sup 3): 169-173.
- Usman T, G Guo, SM Suhail, MS Qureshi, Y Wang, 2012. Estimation of genetic parameters of reproductive and milk yield traits using multiple-trait animal model in Holstein under subtropical conditions. J Anim Vet Adv, 11 (17): 3132-3139.
- Tomovska J, S Presilski, SPN Gjorgievski, N Tomovska, MS Qureshi and NP Bozinovska, 2013. Development of a spectrophotometric method for monitoring angiotensin-converting enzyme in dairy products. Pak Vet J, 34 (1): 14-18.
- Qureshi MS, D Khan, A Mushtaq, SS Afridi, 2013. Effect of extenders, post-dilution intervals and seasons on semen quality in dairy goats. Turkish J Vet Anim Sci. 37: 147-152. DOI: 10.3906/vet-1110-24.
- Khan MT, NA Khan, M Bezabih, MS Qureshi and A Rahman, 2013. The nutritional value of peanut hay (Arachis hypogaea L.) as an alternate forage source for sheep. Trop Anim Health Prod. 45:849–853, DOI 10.1007/s11250-012-0297-8.
- Tanweer AJ, N Chand, S Khan, A Sultan, MS Qureshi, A Akhtar, M Inam and Rafiullah, 2013. Association of Peganum harmala L. Supplementation with lipid Profile and its Economic Benefit in Broiler Production. Pak Vet J, 33(3): 313-316.
- Rahman FU, MS Qureshi and RU Khan, 2014. Effect of Soybean Based Extenders on Sperm Parameters of Holstein-Friesian Bull During Liquid Storage at 4ºC. Pakistan Zool., 46 (1): 185-189.
- Ali T, A Rahman, MS Qureshi, MT Hussain, MS Khan, S Uddin, M Iqbal and B Han, 2014. Effect of management practices and animal age on incidence of mastitis in Nili Ravi buffaloes. Trop Anim Health Prod, 46(7):1279-85. Doi. 10.1007/s11250-014-0641-2.
- Rahman HU, MS Qureshi, R Khan, 2014. Influence of dietary zinc on semen traits and seminal plasma antioxidant enzymes and trace minerals of Beetal bucks. Reproduction in Domestic Animals, 49 (6), 1004–1007; doi: 10.1111/rda.12422.
- Rahman A, MY Khan, O Sadiq, MS Qureshi, Nr Ahmed, N Shaheen, S Uddin, T Ali. Washing Of Animal Body Coat Effects On Salmonella Load On Hide And In Postslaughter Carcasses. Sylwan, 159 (3): 400-415.
- Qureshi MS, A Mushtaq, S Jan and IU Rahman, 2015. Effect of Age and Lactation on Milk Fatty Acid Profile in Dairy Buffaloes. Buffalo Bulletin, 34 (3): 275-283.
- Majid A, MS Qureshi and R Khan, 2015. “In vivo adverse effects of high dose of alpha-tocopherol on the semen quality of male bucks“. Journal of Animal Physiology and Animal Nutrition, 99 (5): 841–846. DOI: 10.1111/jpn.12284.
- Wahab A, H Khan, S Ahmad, MS Qureshi, Y Muhammad, S Khan, U Sadique and MK Shah, 2016. Biochemical Profile of Local Rabbits (Oryctolagus cuniculus) During Successful Pregnancy Under Backyard Production System. Pakistan J. Zool, 48 (3):625-630.
- Chand N, H Faheem, RU Khan, MS Qureshi, IA Alhidary and AM Abudabos, 2016. Anticoccidial effect of mananoligosacharide against experimentally induced coccidiosis in broiler. Env Sci Pollution Res, 23 (14): 14414–14421. DOI: 10.1007/s11356-016-6600-x.
- Khan I, MS Qureshi, S Akhtar, I Ali and Ghufranullah, 2016. Fertility Improvement in Cross-Bred Dairy Cows Through Supplementation of Vitamin E as Antioxidant. Pakistan Pak J. Zool., vol. 48(4): 923-930.
- Khan I, MS Qureshi, S Ahmad, S Akhtar, H Khan and Ghufranullah, 2016. Effect of Lactation and Breed on Reproductive Cyclicity Under Various States of Oxidative Stress in Dairy Cattle Breeds. Pak J. Zool., 48 (5): 1431-1441.
- Qureshi MU, MS Qureshi, R Khan, A Rahman, SM Sohailb, A Ijaz, I Ahmad, S Ahmad, M Shoaib and A Basit, 2016. Relationship of blood metabolites with reproductive cyclicity in dairy cows. Indian J Anim Res. 50(3): 338-348.